Since graduating from the Rochester Institute of Technology, Andy has been fulfilling assignments for nationally known clients for commercial, magazine, corporate, and industrial photography including illustration, annual reports, advertising, and architecture.
He created the superb photographs for the following books:
- 200 Years of Rochester Architecture and Gardens
- Classic Buffalo ~ A Heritage of Distinguished Architecture
- Erie Canal Legacy ~ Architectural Treasures of the Empire State
- Historic New York ~ Architectural Journeys in the Empire State
- The Eastman Theatre ~ Fulfilling George Eastman’s Dream
- The Best Planned City In The World ~ Olmsted, Vaux and the Buffalo Park System.
- Forest Lawn Cemetery in Buffalo, New York
An eighth book is in production photographing the Turner/McGrain Gardens in Pittsford, New York, designed by Fletcher Steele.
Andy has been the photographer of record for the University of Rochester’s Memorial Art Gallery for many years and has worked with the Columbus Museum of Art and numerous other art institutions photographing their collections. He also has been a contributing editor/photographer at Old House Journal for many years.
The studio - Fotowerks Ltd. - is in the heart of Rochester’s Historic Cascade District and is located in the former city morgue (circa 1900), which he has restored to more lively pursuits. Andy is past president of the western New York chapter of the American Society of Media Photographers and is active in many local civic and preservation organizations, and lectures often on architectural topics. He’s an avid woodworker and has a passion for restoring old buildings and homes, which have been featured in numerous Old House Journal issues and other magazines.
Andy and his collaborator wife Sherri live in an 1820 Federal style house that they have restored in LeRoy, New York.
Contact him here.